A discipline that provides techniques to control emotions and behaviors; a specialist explains how you can obtain a better quality of life.
NLP therapy is a discipline that offers a very effective methodology to discover how people do things very well. It is a strategy of communication, personal development and psychotherapy that can be changed to achieve specific objectives.
The training of this doctrine has two main areas of application: how to communicate with others and how to communicate with oneself. However, it also offers answers to the question of how to do things efficiently.
The magister in cognitive psychology and learning, Laura Szmuch, summarizes in a more practical way the benefits of this training: “It offers a transmissible technology that helps improve performance and communication, overcome limitations, achieve goals and have high levels of confidence in different areas of life.”
So, what do you get when applying this model? Many people, in fact, find their purpose in life. “Most of them learn to communicate effectively with others and improve communication with themselves, while others are motivated to achieve high goals and standards,” the coach explains in this discipline.
Using the techniques of NLP, people learn to question limiting beliefs. In this way, they generate new behaviors to achieve their objectives. They also face their fears and face challenges.
“A good training in NLP is a guide to reflect, to self-discover, to let emotions flow, to achieve objectives, among many other things … When people start, they realize that they have many more internal resources than they always believed” explains Szmuch.
What is it for
- It is a reordering of beliefs
- It allows us to be aware of the relationship between what we think and what we do
- It is an organized methodology that facilitates learning ecological and healthy ways to resolve conflicts
- Accelerates the achievement of objectives
- Enables management of internal states
- Intensifies the innate capacity of all human beings to learn new things
Six steps to implement NLP
1. Think about what we want, instead of complaining about what we do not want. Our attention goes to where we are thinking. If we complain a lot, we will get much of what we do not want.
2. Develop and practice the flexibility to modify what does not work for us. Question limiting beliefs and stop doing what does not help us, to have time and space to start doing what makes us happy.
3. Learn to observe, to pay attention through all our senses. Be present in body, mind and soul, to be aware of ourselves, our environment, and the people with whom we want to communicate.
4. Improve communication with others, emphasizing listening to what they say, instead of what we suppose they should be saying. If the other’s message was not clear, ask until we make sure you understand what you want to say.
5. Literate emotionally, that is, be attentive to our internal states, notice what awakens them, and modify them if they are not appropriate for the task we need to perform.
6. Remember that we can always choose. A good habit is, before any decision, to ask ourselves: Is this what I really want and am choosing? Does this move me closer or away from my goals?
Benefits. This technique allows people to approach their dreams, to live with more pleasure and to take charge of their lives.